BECOME A POSITIVE COACH
6 positive coaching alliance workshops in L.A.
LOS ANGELES – The City of Los Angeles Department of Recreation and Parks will hold six Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) workshops in March 2006.
Each two-hour session, which is open to the public and offered at no charge, provides coaches and parents with tools they can use to become “Double-Goal” coaches – those who look to achieve athletic success and also build character in their players. Participants will also learn how to “Redefine a Winner,” “Fill the Emotional Tank” of athletes, and “Honor the Game.”
The presentations are part of an ongoing series of workshops for people who work to establish and maintain a positive athletic environment for Southern California youth. The programs are made possible by grants from the Amateur Athletic Foundation, Nike, and PCA.
The upcoming workshop schedule, with location and contact information, is:
· Wednesday, March 15 – Mar Vista Recreation Center, 11430 Woodbine Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90066, (310) 398-5982.
· Thursday, March 16 – Saint Andrews Recreation Center, 8701 Saint Andrews Pl., Los Angeles, CA 90047, (213) 485-1751.
· Wednesday, March 22 – Barrington Recreation Center, 333 S. Barrington Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90049, (310) 476-4866.
· Tuesday, March 28 – Branford Recreation Center, 13306 Branford St., Arleta, CA 91331, (818) 893-4923.
· Wednesday, March 29 – Ramona Hall, 4580 N. Figueroa St., Los Angeles, CA 90042, (323) 276-3021.
· Thursday, March 30 – Valley Plaza Recreation Center, 12240 Archwood St., North Hollywood, CA 91606, (818) 765-5885.
All programs are scheduled for 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., with check-in at 6:30 p.m.
PCA is a Stanford University-based, nonprofit organization that works with adults on effective coaching, and is currently the Department of Recreation and Parks’ source for sports leadership and training standards for its staff, coaches, and parents.
Harvey Drut: (213) 928-9296, or cell (323) 816-6711
Jane Kolb: (213) 928-9294, or cell (323) 816-6712